As of March 17, 2020, due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, all faculty and staff in the Department of Social Science will be working remotely and are not available for in-person meetings at Keele Campus. The Department is fully committed to ensuring our students get the support they need by various electronic methods.
Faculty/Teaching: All classes have moved online for the foreseeable future including the Summer Term. Faculty are available via e-mail and will communicate individually and also collectively via listservs, Moodle, and so forth per usual.
Staff/Advising: All student advising will now take place via Zoom or over the phone. Students requiring advising must send a request for an appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will respond to arrange an appointment time.
Staff/Other Services: All other services provided by SOSC staff continue via e-mail, while some services may require video-conferencing via Zoom (a free online video-conferencing application similar to Skype.
Website/Twitter: The SOSC website and twitter accounts are updated and monitored daily (weekdays) with important information from the University, LA&PS, SOSC, and individual programs.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Be well and be safe.
1. YorkU's Coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
2. Mental Health and Wellness at YorkU.
3. Student Counselling & Development.
4. Student Accessibility Services.
5. Office of Student Community Relations.
1. LA&PS Emergency Funding for Undergraduate Students. And FGS Emergency Funding for Graduate Students.
2. Graduation, Convocation, and Summer Term news update.
3. YorkU classes moving on-line temporarily due to COVID-19 concerns.
4. Message from president Lenton re COVID-19.
5. This Week @ York provides important announcements collated from the Division of Students.
The Department of Social Science is part of the larger Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies and is currently home to nine distinctive, interdisciplinary, undergraduate degree programs and three graduate programs. Social Science at York provides students with a progressive and innovative learning environment.